Friday 4 November 2011

Take a Bow

I can’t say that I am a huge fan of the masculine look on women, as much as I hate to say it I do think it only suits certain women, those around 5ft9 with a 26inch waist. And let’s be honest, how many of us actually look like that?! But I do love a good blazer and white shirt but not all together.
However, I am starting to become a fan of the dickie bowtie with a buttoned up shirt, I just think it looks really quirky. I have tried it myself, all I used was a wired head band to see if it looked good on, and I actually liked it! So there’s a tip if you don’t want to run out and buy one!
My attempt at a bowtie!
But if you do want to buy one, Topshop are doing a lovely range, made from velvet in every colour, which I think helps blend in with autumn and winter really well. Whereas ASOS’ range has more of a pop art appeal. Their patterns consist of polka dots and stripes, which could really add to a plain outfit. The headband I used was floral and I really liked how it added to my khaki green shirt.
Topshop.com

A few months ago I wore one out, a plain black bow with a cream sheer shirt. I really liked it, but felt like a bit of a waiter, so I can see that this accessory might not hit all the catwalks but I think they’re quite a fun way to add to your outfit, without breaking the bank, just be prepared for people to shout their food orders at you if you’re rocking a black bowtie.
asos.com

No comments :

Post a Comment