Friday 18 November 2011

It's a Generation Thing...

Recently I went shopping with my friends, I wasn’t actually looking for anything in particular but that’s always how it starts! I stumbled across an amazing dress in New look. It was exactly what I had been looking for for my birthday (although two months away at the time, my theory is no one will have it by then anyway and it’s never too early to start looking).
I had wanted a sparkly dress, you know how it is on your birthday, you want to stand out and this dress was it, it was THE dress.

But, the problem is… It was from the Generations section in New look! The range that does sizes in ages! I was gutted and couldn’t believe my perfect dress was for 12 year olds. I would appreciate the dress so much more than them!
That was until I spotted an age 14 at the back. You’re probably thinking that’s a bit ambitious, I know, but I picked it out and analysed it. I haven’t grown too much since being 14 – well,  being 5ft 3 you  could argue that I haven’t grown at all. It actually looked a decent size when I held it up against me.
While cringing about being a 19 year old that is buying an age 14 dress I had to get it! Surely it doesn’t matter what section it’s from as long as it fits right? And it did! My bum wasn’t hanging out, my boobs weren’t squashed in (nice to know I have the chest of a 14 year old!) it was actually perfect.
I can’t praise the dress enough, I really think a sequined dress is the direction to go if buying a dress this Christmas or New-year. It adds a touch of magic to your wardrobe and it’s a total eye catcher when you’re out.
My personal favourites are black sparkly dresses, with long sleeves and a dipped back, nothing is sexier than that. I think it’s the idea of being covered up with only your legs and back showing, giving you a classy look.
So one of my biggest tips for this winter is the sequin dress, and don’t knock looking in the least likely places like Generations in New look because you can find your dream dress, just maybe take your little sister with you and pretend It’s for her!

No comments :

Post a Comment