Sunday 27 November 2011

It's all in black and white

I'm always browsing the web, jumping from site to site looking for trends and inspiration and what have I come across today on Riverisland.com? Why everything in black and white of course.
     I won't lie to you, I never used to be a fan of black and white together too much, the colours too much of a juxtaposition with the innocent white and daring black. However, after recently purchasing a sleeveless long white shirt with a little black neck tie from River Island itself, I have come round to the idea.
     So I decided to investigate further, and once looking on their website I saw so many more beautiful pieces. For instance, this black shirt with the embellished collar. I absolutely love this because it is bang on trend with the beaded collar, and its not too jazzy, a nice way to dress up a plain outfit.

     Which is why I also like this skirt. I think it's perfect for new years or a Christmas party, this is the only time of year you can really get away with a sparkly piece. A simple top would set the skirt off perfectly.

     But back to the contrast of black and white. Sometimes it can be too much if its within one piece of clothing but River Island have really done themselves proud with this dress. I think i need it in my life, its very sophisticated glamour with a touch of cute. The style suits most body shapes as well so I can see this being a top seller.

     With this colour co-ordination i wouldn't take it over the top by having a white bag and black shoes, I'd stick to a base colour like black so that the white stands out nicely and but doesn't look too matchy. Or if you're more daring maybe a statement colour like red shoes, or to go against the tide with electric blue or bottle bank green (which is seriously in this winter).
     So don't knock the monochrome ways of fashion, fashion develops in time and this trend certainly has thanks to River Island.

No comments :

Post a Comment