Thursday 11 August 2011

Quality or Quantity?

That is the question! As you all know I have recently had to take a job in a chip shop for the funds of my crazy wild lifestyle... But having to pay rent has really taken it out of my weekly wages. I have to save 80 big ones a week for rent which leaves me with a measly £32 to go crazy with! Which you can hardly go crazy with, am I right?
This leads me to say, I have now had to invest in quantity rather than quality, even though it goes against all my buying beliefs. You see, I would much rather save up the money and buy something I know I will love to its last use, than three little things I don’t mind. There’s nothing more satisfying than buying something you are truly happy with, as sad as it sounds it puts me in a good mood all day!
However, times are hard, and the other day I needed a new outfit and instead of heading to Topshop like usual, I had to go to Primark! Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with primark, I can often find some bits in there that are great but it’s just not my thing when I’m looking for a new, unique outfit.
But it gets worse. A lot worse! Not only have I had to make sacrifices with my wardrobe… but my makeup bag has bared the brunt of it too. Why is it that all your makeup decides to run out at the same time? My eyeliner is running out, I had to resort to cutting my foundation in half to get what was left on the inside and my bronzer decided to smash at the same time! So instead of wondering down the max factor isle in Boots, I opted for a cheaper option: collection 2000. Two items for a fiver sound so appealing when you need countless pieces of makeup and have a tenner to your name. But seriously, don’t do it to yourself! Go that little bit longer having a cheeky squirt of your mum’s foundation until you can afford your usual brand. I wish I never wasted that fiver to be honest! The foundation is rubbish, wipes any other makeup you have on completely off and clumps to your skin. And the mascara, broke before I even got a chance to swipe my eyelashes with it.
Moral of the story; quality is always best if you don’t want to go around with a patchy face and shorts that everyone has!

No comments :

Post a Comment