Friday 26 August 2011

Jump into Autumn

This autumn is going XL, with knitwear of course. Oversized jumpers are going to be next season’s wish-list wonder and the chunkier and slouchier the better!
The catwalk has already set the trend with Stella McCartney fashioning voluminous jumpers that are big enough to smuggle a midget in. While ALC keep it tight but add retro elbow pads that are going to be huge next season on not only jumpers but cardigans too.
I must admit I bought an oversized jumper last winter and absolutely loved it. It’s the easiest thing to just throw on and being so short I was able to wear it with just tights. I am definitely looking forward to pulling it out again this year, though that looks like it will be sooner rather than later with this weather.
One style that I do want to add to my wardrobe this season is the Fair Isle pattern. I think on both men and women it’s a great look, although my boyfriend doesn’t agree and won’t go near one. And when I purchase one of those bad boys I’m sure he’s going to pretend he doesn’t know me, but that’s the price I’m willing to pay for a beautiful jumper!
Cable knit have to be my favourite kind of heavy knit, even if they are like the ones your Nan wears! I just think they’re the most classic kind and look smarter. But frumpy jumpers are in so if they tickle your pickle then copy the catwalk with shapeless fuzzy textures, it’s that easier to be a fashionista this winter.

No comments :

Post a Comment