Friday 30 December 2011

NYE

As much of a celebration that it is meant to be NYE is a time of year I dread (as is my birthday – except the present part of course!). It’s a time where you try and get all your friends who aren’t even friends with each other, as well as family and partners under the same roof and intoxicated with alcohol. If only it was that simple!
Problem number one: you don’t know where to go. So and so doesn’t like this place or so and so is barred from that place just makes everything difficult. And affording tickets, I mean, why does everywhere have to have tickets?!
Second problem: who is coming? You want to invite your closest pals but they don’t all get on. And then they want to bring their other friend but no one likes her. And you want to spend it with your boyfriend but he wants to spend it with his mates so you’re stuck with no kiss at midnight. What a bummer!
Final and most important problem: what to wear. You’ve got a dress in mind and it’s perfect but you can’t find it anywhere - the story of my life I swear. You look in all your local shops, further away shops and even online but nope, the perfect dress is nowhere to be seen! Or even worse, you’ve found it and you’re holding on to it for dear life but it isn’t in your size! I always find it really difficult because with my birthday being only a week before NYE I have to find two perfect dresses and it’s hard enough finding one!
Every year I do the same thing by leaving it to the last minute, and although I always have a laugh, it’s so stressful! So to help prevent always plan a month ahead! That may just have to be my new year’s resolution!

No comments :

Post a Comment