Tuesday 20 December 2011

Aztec Obsession

Now I understand that Aztec had been a massive trend from summer through until winter, but lately I just can’t get enough of it.
                After Christmas shopping and looking in endless amounts of shops and finding the same jumper four times over in different shops, everything seems to become a clothing blur.
                For Christmas I really wanted some Aztec leggings and oversized cardigan, not to wear together but they can jazz up any outfit and it’s been such a massive trend for so long I don’t know why I haven’t jumped on the bandwagon yet. But with all the prints you can’t help but get a headache and picking between two totally different patterns is so frustrating (the simple answer would be to get both but you don’t want to overdo it, I think one Aztec pair is enough for any wardrobe).
                However, this was all until I entered Newlook. Straight away I spotted the cardigan, hanging there in its cream, red and black print, waiting for me to pick it up. It’s just what I wanted. And I don’t know about you but I like mine quite baggy, oversized knits are always the way forward in winter when you want that extra warmth, just be sure that it fits under your coat! 

                Pretty impressed with my find I carried on looking around the store and found a whole array of Aztec leggings. Black and white ones, red ones, blue ones, and then I found THE ones; coloured Aztec print leggings. I liked all the others, I think black and white leggings work well with most outfits so if you want to try the trend but are scared, Newlook do a lovely pair to get you started. However, I fell in love with these ones, the colours mean I can wear a purple or orange top with them, and of course staple black and white as they go with anything; I just love how versatile they are.


                Therefore the only thing to do was pick them up and hand the cardigan and leggings over to the mother. I am pleasantly surprised with Newlook, they have all the trends under one roof so you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in there.
                The only bad thing is I have to wait until Christmas day to open them… I don’t think I can wait that long!

No comments :

Post a Comment