Thursday 29 December 2011

The New Primary Colours

From being a little nipper you’re always told that red, yellow, and blue are the basic colours you need. However, this season has decided to shake it up and reinvent the primary colours we all grew up with.
To start with, instead of having the bright red we are used to, burgundy has taken over. Although I am a huge fan of red myself I can safely say that burgundy is one of my favourite colours now. Any item I buy I want it in burgundy to add to my collection. I have a vest top, skirt and leggings (which go really well with an oversized cream jumper) and I don’t think I will stop there. Now I have my eye on a dress and this one from Topshop is perfect; as it is a classic sleeveless shift with a nice textured finish and isn’t too long which I often find a problem.

 
Secondly, instead of bright yellow, which can look nice on those with dark hair and tanned skin (completely opposite to me), I much prefer mustard. Everywhere you look you see mustard in the shops and I can’t help but be tempted. My favourite piece is my mustard pencil skirt which I like to team with a navy top, black shirt or green jumper. It goes well with anything really which is more than you can say for yellow.
I went for the colour block theme by teaming the navy top and shoes with the mustard skirt and red bag.
And lastly, and possibly my favourite colour to wear ever; navy is the new blue. You name it, I have it in navy; heels, dresses, tops, shorts, skirts, it works as a really good replacement for black as it brightens up the outfit more, and works so much better with red and yellow so you can’t be mistaken for Dennis the Menace or a bumble bee. However, it’s really tricky to mix the two; you really need to get it right, which I think is to use minimal black with navy.
So change the way you view the primary colours, as burgundy, mustard and navy are the way forward and a great base to any outfit.


No comments :

Post a Comment