Monday 4 February 2013

Roses are Red..

If you have walked down any high-street recently you will know that in 10 days time it is that sweetly sickening day of the year PDA is allowed.
 Now I may sound like I am against Valentines day, but I am not at all. I like that it is an occassion that I can wear a nice dress and go for a lovely meal with my boyfriend. But I hate that everyone else is sitting there, feeding each other over the table across the flicker of candle light. I find it really off putting. I think it's something you should save for when you're at home. Although it is kind of acceptable when you are drunk because you lose all sense of etiquette then.
But one other thing about Valentines day is the whole debate on wearing red - is it too cliche?
I have this red dress from H&M which I have only worn once, and think it is appropriate for my Valentines meal. It's quote short but not too short, and has long sleeves and high neck, it doesn't cling too much either which is a bonus when you're going out for a meal. It goes well with tights too in case it is bitterly cold that night (no doubt it will be).
But that't the problem... it's red!
I'm worried I will turn up to the restaurant and blend in with the sea of red dresses, or stick out like a sore thumb with most girls tutting under their breaths. Is there an unspoken dress code that you should wear red (or you really shouldn't) that I am unaware of?

No comments :

Post a Comment