Tuesday 5 February 2013

Fashion vs Food

For anyone who knows me, both food and fashion are major parts of my life; if I'm not shopping then I'm out for a meal, and vice versa.
But when reality sinks in a few weeks after the loan has be blown, and you're left with a 3kg bag of pasta and Asda smart price sauce you couldn't feel any further away from being the millionaire you felt like when you saw your bank balance increase a few weeks previous.
This is when my clothes begin to suffer and my diet becomes as basic and boring as ever. My lifestyle is just too expensive to keep up, so now i have to pick between eating out, and that new dress.
Therefore I've started to look online for clothes, and eat out less, but when I do try and make them Mondays where everything is half price - or use this as an excuse to finally start that diet.
I know most of you are well aware of missguided.com by now but it really is a great place to find dresses for nights out and occassions. I wore two missguided outfits, the green one on my 21st and the black playsuit on NYE. Overall I was thrilled with what I got, the green dress was a little more expensive at £45 but it was sequined. In Topshop you would have to pay at least £60 for a dress like that, so it seemed worth it. While the black velvet playsuit was very cheap at £25. You also get student discount on top of it which makes everything a little easier. They also do great copies of things you would find in the high-street stores at much cheaper prices, it's a great way to save money but keep on trend.
Green Dress £45

Black velvet Playsuit
(I do have more than two friends I promise)

Another great website which you may not be as familiar with is kukee.co.uk. They do jewellery which you can find in Topshop for very cheap prices. I also begrudge spending a lot on jewellery because it's so small in comparison to a new item of clothing, and it usually gets lost or broken. However you can buy triple for the amount you would pay in store on this website.

This way, you can still eat out (half price food at Vodka Revolutions on mondays, Yo Sushi, Slug and Lettuce and now Yates on a Thursday) but keep on trend at the same time.

No comments :

Post a Comment