Thursday 24 March 2011

Off the Chain.. Daisy Chain that is.

          Its true what they say, fashion trends go round full circle, and that’s no difference with the 70s laid back hippy look. It’s time to let loose those locks, loosen your waistband and drop those hem lines.
         
Let your bohemian beauty free with this summer’s biggest fashion statement; the maxi dress. With a dropped hemline and floaty, breezy fabrics the maxi dress is the ultimate 70s statement, especially teamed with floral prints in warm colours. However, seeing as I’m 5ft nothing they seem to drown me, so I guess I’ll leave the maxi dress to the leggy ladies. I also might leave them to flares which are revisiting the shops, they don’t really work for me but can look amazing teamed with a simple vest, signature oversized sunnies and a vintage floppy hat if you want to nail this trend.

        
 Something I am able to wear though is the knitted crochet waistcoat. I seriously need to invest in one, as I think it’s a summer statement this year, and could easily go over anything. Browns, creams and burnt orange are the colours to have, if you’re brave enough, a waistcoat fashioned with fringing can tackle two trends at once and push you to the top of the daisy chain.
         
Relive the rebellion and express yourself with rich colours and clashing prints. The best thing about this trend is the freedom to wear anything… with anything! You can be bold with floral prints at the same time as powerful paisley. It’s also quite retro to throw in an animal print clutch or belt to seal the deal. However, too many prints can look like you’ve rolled around in a jumble sale rather than daisies. For me, what puts the hippy in the chick is the accessories. And I don’t just mean putting a flower in your hair, the iconic peace sign necklace or a floppy hat; which I recommend for a low key 70s style. But I’m talking about the big, natural hair. Bigger is better, hairspray is a must (as if it isn’t anyway) so you better get perfecting your backcombing. Natural waves are easy to handle, day or night, so I can see it tying in well with the beach look this summer fashioned with a floral headband. But if you want to step it up a notch and hit that 70s glamour then go for the static brushed out crimp, your hair will look wild and free, just what the 70s fought for. This trend has the perfect pieces for you to make love, not war!

No comments :

Post a Comment